Dan's Bathtub Reglazing - 198 W Auburn Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Monday-Friday - 9 to 4:30 PM EST
Over 30 Years of Quality Service & Support
We Offer Post-Installation Support
To protect the beauty, value and life of your newly refinished tub, we offer these tips of care and maintenance in caring for your refinished tub.
Paper can be pulled after 24 hours. At this time, the tub can be re-caulked. The tub will be dry to the touch, but do not get into the tub. Instead, place a towel over the edge and lean over to caulk; or wait until the tub is completely dry at 48 hours and caulk at this time.
When caulking, it is important that you do not use any tape on the surface of your tub due to the 90 day curing process. Also, there must be a bead of caulk placed around the drain to complete the caulking process and avoid a chance of peeling around the drain. This avoids the need of repair at a later date at your expense. Tub will be ready for use after 48 hours.
Due to the non-porous surface of the finish, there is no need to use abrasive cleaners on the refinished bathtubs. Any household liquid detergent will give excellent results.
All organic coatings must cure. They start to cure at the time of application and must cure for a total of approximately 30 days.
Top 10 List of Rules For Your Refinished Bathtub:
1. DO NOT use the surface for the specified number of days or hours indicated by the refinisher who completed the job.
2. DO NOT lay soap or bottles or any objects on the finish at any time!
3. DO NOT let a leaky faucet go un-repaired.
4. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners. NO S-O-S Pads. NO Comet. NO Soft Scrub.
5. DO NOT use loose bath mats with suctions underneath.
6. DO NOT pick surface dust off with your finger. Any surface dust will dissipate in 3-4 weeks with normal cleaning and usage.
7. The best way to keep your tub clean is to wipe it down with a towel after each use. You don't have to wipe it dry.
8. Maintain caulking around the tub.
9. Recommended Cleaners:
Lysol Basin and Tile Cleaner
DOW Scrubbing Bubbles
10. Wax tub once every 4 months with a urethane polish (Such as Nu-Finish or Turtle Wax 2001). You should polish your bathtub five days after it has been refinished.(Polishing will make tub surface very slippery. Caution should taken when stepping into or out of your tub)
If you use a bath mat, pull out after each use. Never leave it in the tub! Also, never let shampoo bottles or soap set in the corners or on the surface of the tub.
The glaze takes 3 - 4 days to dry dust free, so in this time you are bound to have some dust settle on the surface of your tub. It will feel a little picky at first, but this will smooth down with cleaning
Dan's Bathtub Reglazing - BathtubMasters.com - 198 W Auburn Rochester Hills, MI 48307 - (248) 852-6650 - Monday-Friday - 9 to 4:30 PM EST
Please bookmark this page for future reference.